Hosted locally by the Student Sustainability Collective, University of California at San Diego, April 30 to May 2
Join hundreds of students from across CA to build community, share resources, plan action, attend workshops, and celebrate.
What are Convergences?
Over the past 6 years, CSSC’s bi-annual Convergences have grown to play an integral role in the sustainability movement in California, by bringing together thousands of student leaders from over 50 academic institutions.
Attend A Convergence
Convergences are held twice a year in the Spring and the Fall at different campuses across California each time. Our upcoming Convergence will be held at UC San Diego from April 30th to May 2, 2010. Learn more about our upcoming Spring Convergence.
The best way to make sure you receive notice about future Convergences is to subscribe to receive our newsletter.
For Students By Students
Convergences are organized and hosted by students who volunteer their time to organize all aspects of the event. They are open to students of all university systems in California as well as high school students and out of state students. We also offer full and partial scholarships to anyone in need.
A Statewide Community
By attending CSSC Convergences, you are joining our statewide community of campus sustainability leaders. This network has amazing benefits including:
- Access to a California-wide network of support, including resources, skills, and partners
- Discovering new ideas for transforming your campus and community
- Developing your leadership by sharing your experiences
- Forging valuable, life-long friendships and professional connections
- Inspiring Speakers
- Provocative Panels
- Interactive Workshops
- Community Building and Networking
- Collaboration, Resource Sharing, Action Planning
- Saturday Evening Celebration
- Delicious Local Vegetarian Food
- Climate Issues
- Community Organizing
- Curriculum, Education, Research
- Energy Efficiency/Alternative Energy
- Food Systems and Agriculture
- Fundraising, Grant Writing
- Green Building, Campus Operations and Green Housing
- Green Business Practices, Green Economy
- Greening Your Career
- Institutionalizing Sustainability
- Leadership Skill Building
- Organizational Development
- Social Equity
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Waste Reduction, Composting, Recycling
- Water, Landscaping, and Site Stewardship